Thursday, August 18, 2011

God's Adoption of Us

Adoption is my favorite subject.  The more I learn about everything in life, the more I realize just how much God loves us and wanted to adopt us from the very beginning and how that theme seems to run through everything I encounter.

If you're a Christian, you're adopted by the best Father ever!  You now have a family far beyond what any earthly family could give you.  If you're not a Christian, you can be adopted into this family.  Jesus came to earth and died for our sins and rose again and now lives to intercede for us.  He justifies us so that we can know the Father and experience His love.  It is an amazing story and it's true and free.  All we have to do is trust Jesus to make things right between us and God.  I truly hope all who read this will understand that.

We never quite knew how much we could learn from adopting our third child.  We've learned a little about this and a little about that, but the biggest and best thing we've learned is a tiny bit more (tip of the iceberg) about how God has adopted us to be His children and how very blessed we are.  What we've done on earth through adoption is just a small shadow of what God has done through adopting us as His children.

I think about adoption so very much that I figured this blog would be a good way to get it out of my head.  I kinda bet only my mother will read it (thanks, Mom!) and maybe some of our friends that we know through our agency.  That's ok.  'Just wanted to put it out there to glorify God.  I'll not post pictures or tell sensational stories and I'm not hoping to be the next great blogger.  My theme is adoption.  I'm an adopted child of the King!  :-)  Spiritual adoption is for everyone!

1 comment: